According to Matt Davies Stockton, social media is very important for businesses. There are more than 4 billion active social media users across the globe and if your digital marketing strategy doesn’t include that, you’re missing out. Let’s check out the importance of social networks for a company.
1. Increase brand awareness – Half of the world’s population uses social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. Companies have the misconception that people only engage with brands they are already familiar with on social media. However, data shows that over 80 percent of Instagram users discover new products and brands on the platform. That’s why social media marketing is essential for increasing brand awareness.
2. Stay on top of everyone’s mind – An overwhelming 70 percent of users log into their social media accounts at least once every day. Around 50 percent log into their accounts multiple times a day. Social media allows you to communicate and connect with your customers every time they log in.
As long as you consistently post informative and entertaining content, your followers will welcome your posts in their feed. That helps you keep your brand at the top of their mind when they are prepared to make a purchase.
3. Humanize your brand – Social media marketing allows you to humanize your brand. You can create real human connections instead of projecting a cold corporate image that’s detached from your customers. You can introduce your followers to the people who make up your company and show how existing customers have benefited from your products and services.
However, this can’t be achieved without authenticity. Social media is the best place where you can keep it real and build trust through authenticity. It shows your company’s values, the usefulness of your product in real life, and how you treat your employees and customers and put them first.
4. Generate leads – Potential customers always show their interest in your business casually on social media. That’s where the lead generation comes in. That’s why many social media networks offer their own advertising platforms for collecting those leads.
For instance, if your company is in the real estate sector, you can use Facebook lead ads that allow people interested in real estate projects to learn more about your projects and properties with a few taps.
5. Boost your sales – Your social media channels can become a core component of your sales funnel. As economies develop, smartphone penetration increases, and social media users continue to grow, social media tools become more relevant than ever for product search and e-commerce. You have the opportunity to align your social marketing efforts with your sales goals and stay ahead of the curve.
Matt Davies Stockton suggests that you make social media marketing a core part of your digital marketing strategy. Social media isn’t an option anymore, especially if you are a small or mid-sized company. It allows you to reach more valuable customers, gain important insights and grow your business.